Reliably transmit documents with Fax over Private IP
Build on a RESTful API with unmatched developer experience and support.
- Intuitive, Robust APIWrite just a few lines of code to send and manage fax programmatically.
- Secure your communicationsSend and receive secure fax wherever you are on our global private IP network.
- Eliminate errorsOur advanced error correction features ensure your faxes get delivered with confidence.
Programmable Fax API
Send, receive, and manage faxes without a fax machine. Build with a set of simple HTTP endpoints using our Programmable Fax API.
Traditional Fax over SIP
Connect your fax machine to the Telnyx network to transmit and receive faxes via SIP Trunks, with zero per-page charges.
- Encrypted Fax Signaling and MediaEnable encryption on signaling with TLS and on media with SRTP or ZRTP.
- Secure Private NetworkEliminate the risks of the public internet with our private IP network.
- Real-Time TransmissionSIP Trunks provide reliable, real-time transmission, so no data is stored at any point.
- Automatic Error CorrectionT.38 error correction guarantees accurate delivery of information, with page-by-page confirmation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes - you can send, receive and manage faxes over your SIP trunks with Telnyx. This allows you to reliably send, receive and manage secure documents without the need for an antiquated fax machine. What’s more - our Programmable Fax API allows you to send and manage faxes programmatically.
Fax over IP (FoIP) is a term used to describe sending faxes using a voice-over IP (VoIP) network. FoIP uses a protocol like T.38 or G.711 to encode the file into a format suitable for sending over SIP trunks.
Fax is still a popular choice in applications where there are legal and regulatory considerations, such as transferring documents that require hard-copy signatures, and protected health information (PHI). It’s also popular as a backup communications method in case of internet connectivity issues.
You can send and receive fax programmatically in just a few lines of code using the Telnyx Programmable Fax API. Learn how to get started by checking our developer docs.